What we don’t do
No jack of all trades
We do not believe in promising the pie in the sky only
to deliver a dried-out bread roll. We are no experts in The Great Everything.
Services we do not provide
- Interpreting services (translation of the spoken word).
- Translations of works of fiction.
- Translations of private documents, personal letters, homework assignments, and the like.
- Translations in language combinations other than our own.
Services we offer only in exceptional cases
- Translations outside our stated areas of expertise.
- Programming tasks and DTP services.
Other things that are not for us
- Postediting of existing machine translations (MT).
Machines can do many things, but when it comes to translations, expectations are often still too high.
MT can only be used successfully “under professional supervision.”.
- Random fractional assignments with no insight into the project as a whole. This
almost always results in poor translations.
- Last-minute panic orders from unknown sources. We prefer organic growth
and long-term customer relationships.
- Unrealistic price expectations (deep-deep-discount mentality). We charge
reasonable rates and are worth every cent. We do not compete on price but on
overall performance and overall quality.